As a lawyer, he specialises in Administrative Law and Regulatory Affairs, with a special focus on public procurements, construction and town planning laws and regulations, eminent domain and penalties issued by Regulatory Agencies.
He has been involved in several national and international research projects and educational or scientific initiatives.
In 1998, he was appointed to the Commission charged with drafting the bill for a reform of Ministries (enacted as legislative decree no. 300/1999).
In 2015-2016, he took part in the working group for the simplification of private activities in the context of the restructuring of public administrations (so-called Madia reform).
He is regularly invited as a speaker in conferences on administrative law and regulatory topics.
- 2010-to date: Co-founder and owner of Sicari-Cerbo law firm (Milan);
- 2002-2006: Senior Associate at Martino Colucci law firm (Pavia);
- 2016-to date: Professor of Regional Law – law faculty, Università Cattolica
- 2009-to date: Professor of Administrative Procedural Law, Università Cattolica (Piacenza)
- 2014: Associate Professor of Administrative Law – Law and Economics Faculty, Università Cattolica
- 2013: National Certification as Administrative Law Professor
- 2010-to date: Associate Professor of Administrative Law – law faculty, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Piacenza)
- 2006-2010: Administrative Law Researcher, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Piacenza)
- 2002-2006: Grant Researcher in Administrative Law, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Piacenza)
- 2002: PhD in Administrative Law, Università degli Studi di Ferrara
- 1998: Law degree, magna cum laude, University of Pavia